Centre of Advanced Organic Analyses was established in 2015 as a joint project of Faculty of Environment UJEP and Health Institute in Ústí n. L., i.e. two most important environmental research institutions of the Ústecký region. The aim of the institute was to carry out analyses of environmental pollutants, their mobility, migration, transformations and health impacts. The center joints the material, up-to-date instrumentation and personal expertise in the field. The center is equipped dominantly for trace analyses of organic pollutants, especially pesticides, pharmaceuticals, PAH, PCB, OCP and their residua or degradation products. These pollutants are determined in liquid and solid matrices. We also provide determination of several undesired chemicals in food or drinking water, such as akrylamide. All analytical procedures are fully validated and majority of them even accredited.
The center provides analyses to support the research and professional activities of both institutions, practical education of students (especially Ph.D. students of the programme Environmental chemistry and Technology) as well as provide commercial analyses for wide public.
Centre of Advanced Organic Analyses
400 96 Ústí nad Labem
The center is located next to university campus, entrance from Pasteurova street.
Dr. Sylvie Kříženecká, Ph.D., tel. +420 603 742 064, email:
Dr. Jitka Tolaszová Ph.D., tel. +420 734 579 064, email:
Laboratory is equipped by up-to-date instrumentations for processing and analyses of environmental samples:
• Liquid chromatograph 1290 Infinity II. with mass spectrometer 6495 QQQ (Agilent Technologies)
• Gass chromatograph with mass spectrometer 7890/7000D (Agilent Technologies)
• Homogenizator 1600 miniG (SpexSamplePrep) for preparation of samples using the QuEChERS method
• TOC analyser for solid samples (SKALAR)
• Portable spectrometer (BAS)
• Portable Raman spectrometer (Thermo)
• HPLC-MS determination of pesticides in water (100 analytes)
• HPLC-MS determination of acrylamide (water, food)
• HPLC-MS determination of pharmaceuticals (40 analytes) – flexible accreditation.
Non-accredited validated analyses:
• HPLC-MS – pesticides in sediments (the same range as in water)
• HPLC-MS – pharmaceuticals in sediments
• GC-MS – chlorinated pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls
• GC-MS PAHs in sediments, QuEChERS extraction
• TOC in sediments
• metals in sediments